Feel Like A Goddess Inside and Out With these 10 Simple Self Care Steps
Beauty is essential for life. It brings us joy, a sense of contentment, and I’ve come to realize it is valuable for our sense of well being as well. We need to feel good in our bodies- inside and out!
Here's my list of musts when I need a pick me up, a mood shift, or a reminder of my innate goddess Self:
1. Bring the beauty of spring alive all year round by giving your Self fresh flowers. Whether a single stem rose, a lovely bouquet you gathered in the woods, or a large arrangement of your favorites, it's worth it to have the sight and smell of Nature nearby. It's amazing how walking into a room with fresh flowers can bring a mood shift.
2. When things seem pretty dismal or days have been long and unrelenting, I need a good pat on the back for my efforts and a reminder of what my inherent values are. I can't count on others to give me all the messages I need, so I remind myself. Simple and sweet is all I need. "I am enough and I am loved. Thank you for being." Want the world to go 'round? Share your affirmation with someone special.
3. My bath rituals are a weekly, personal necessity and they are part of my list of recommendations to clients for clearing energy and promoting inner peace. The maha version includes an abyangha (Ayurvedic self massage) with Vaidya Mishra's Rasayana Oil and then a soak in the tub with sea salt (clears energy) and my favorite essential oils (usually lavender). Don't forget a mud mask if you have time!
4. Along with my weekly rituals, I include a minimum of one day per week of "light eating" as a gentle detox. This is part of a standard Ayurvedic protocol, but is excellent for feeling tip top from inside out. I eat kitchari several times a week to help keep my belly in check. The best part? It cooks while you do other things and then voila! It's ready to eat when you are!
5. Take a walk in the fresh air and move your body! Nothing says "goddess" like the energized feeling you get from moving your inner prana and getting your circulation going!
6. Just a touch of rouge and lip gloss will do! No need for a heavy make up routine. A quick brush of blush on the cheeks and a hint of gloss on the lips will brighten your look and your mood. It feels good to look good.
7. Walk barefoot outside and hug trees. Ground through your feet and soak up earth's natural ability to clear EMF's and stress by touching the earth with your bare feet. Hugging trees is also a great way to ground, defrag the system and get close to Nature.
8. When I've been sitting in front of the computer too long, my eyes begin to glaze and my body says stop. My favorite way to pause is with a good spritz of Vaidya Mishra's Blissful Awakening spray. Don't have any on hand? Plain rose water will do! It is a great facial toner and also helps calm Pitta dosha as well as the eyes. For the maha version: put your feet up, spritz two cotton pads with rose water and put them on your eyes. Rest for ten minutes while taking deep breaths. This is the ultimate pick me up. Your eyes will thank you.
9. Dance and sing. As the saying goes: "dance as though no one is watching and sing as though no one can hear you." It's good for you and uplifts the spirit. As a student of body-centered Expressive Art Therapy, I will vouch for this!
10. Adorn your Self! Put on earrings. Drape your Self in layers of necklaces. Wear jewels and malas. No place to go? No worries! Do it because you are a goddess and you deserve to look good and feel good from the inside out!
Ready to take your inner growth to the next level and deepen your relationship with your inner feminine wisdom?
Join me for my Jyotish Astrology Classes for Transformation and Healing. Classes begin April 2016. Get the Details
Don't miss my *free* new Moon Creative Ritual Class. Honor this cycle of release and the upcoming Navaratri celebrations. Join the Class List.
Live Your Life Purpose.
Share Your Unique Gifts and Wisdom.
Touch Lives in Meaningful Ways.
Make More Money Doing What You Love.
Listen to My Free Dharma Masterclass!
How much would you like to donate?